Headquarter City Sergiyev Posad
No university is yet affiliated to this group.
- The Moscow Theological Academy was founded in 1687 by two Greeks monks, Sophronius and Joanniki Lichud, as part of the Slavic Greek Latin Academy. It was reorganized in 1814 and moved from Moscow to the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius monastery in the town of Sergiyev Posad, Moscow Oblast. In 1913, on the 300th anniversary of the Romanov dynasty (1613–1917), the academy was awarded the title of Emperor of All Russia. The academy was closed in 1919, and reopened in 1946.