Accademia Filarmonica di Bologna

  • logo_Accademia Filarmonica di Bologna
    • The Accademia Filarmonica di Bologna ("philharmonic academy of Bologna") is a music education institution in Bologna, Italy.

      The Accademia de' Filarmonici was founded as an association of musicians in Bologna in 1666 by Vincenzo Maria Carrati. Saint Anthony of Padua was chosen as the patron saint, and an organ with the motto Unitate melos as the emblem. Through the influence of Pietro Ottoboni, the statute of the academy was approved by Clement XI in 1716. In 1749 the Benedict XIV decreed that the Accademia could award the title of Maestro di cappella